Runokuu Poetry Festival
Tuli & Savu -club: Multilingualism and experimental poetry
Roots & Dreams
Story Sharing at Sompasauna
Queer Poetry Jam
Fluid: Full Moon Fest + Open Mic
Arvis Viguls (Latvia)
Eeva Park (Estonia)
Gabrielė Labanauskaitė (Lithuania)
Dear friends of Poetry Moon!
It´s the time of the year to launch the next open call for Poetry Moon, which is meant for everyone interested in producing a piece of programme for the festival. Organized for the fifteenth time by Nuoren Voiman Liitto the festival dates fall on 15th to 25th August 2019 with the theme of senses this year. Poetry Moon is also the collaborative partner of Helsinki Festival. Thus the chosen programme will feature as a part of the Helsinki Festival programme, too. This time we´re looking for pieces especially for the events held at National Theatre´s Lavaklubi.
What kind of proposals we´re looking for?
• Duration of the proposed work/performance is 5-45 min
• Proposed work/performance is compatible with the chosen location Lavaklubi (please, note the size of the stage and the technology available: https://lavaklubi.fi/info/esiintyjille/)
• Proposed work/performance can be interdiclipinary without it being obligatory
• Proposed work/performance can be in Finnish, or any other language
• Literature needs to be the focal point of the proposed work/performance, though the type of literature can be of your choice
• We especially wish for proposals linked with this year´s theme, yet we´re open for other type of proposals, too
Please, include your possible preferred dates and times in your proposal and send it in PDF-format to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The call is open until 28th February 2019, but we may make decisions concerning the proposals along the way as soon as they arrive. In case your proposal doesn´t fit all the criteria listed above – for example the location – please, send a separate e-mail about that to Anna.
What if… you got something completely different in mind for Poetry Moon? If you weren´t proposing a piece of programme as outlined above, but you would like to propose a collaborative event, panel talk, exhibition or other separate ensemble please, send your informal proposal on the topic to Anna: email@example.com